Last Updated May 29, 2020
EDOC TELEMED, LLC (“EDOC TELEMED”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) owns and operates: (1) the applications, websites and any other web-based or mobile technology platforms that EDOC TELEMED owns or operates and that links to or references these Terms (the “Platforms”); and (2) the services that EDOC TELEMED itself furnishes through the Platforms (the “Services”).
Any professional healthcare services you receive through the Platform and Services (“Telemedicine Services”) are provided by independent healthcare providers (the “Providers”, each a “Provider”) and not by EDOC TELEMED. Each Provider is responsible for providing you with their Notice of Privacy Practices, as required by applicable law, including the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), governing their own collection, use, maintenance, protection and disclosure of your protected health information (“PHI”). You will be furnished the Notice of Privacy Practices of any Provider you seek Telemedicine Services from in advance of your consultation.
To ensure the proper functioning of the Platforms, EDOC TELEMED captures personal and non-personal information about visitors. By downloading, installing, accessing and using the Platforms, EDOC TELEMED, or its third-party vendor, may request or automatically collect such information. The information that we collect will vary depending on how you use our Platforms and Services, and what permissions you give to us and other third-parties that collect your information.
Information gathered through the Platform and Services may be transferred, used, and stored in the United States. If you use the Platform and Services, you agree to the transfer, use and storage of your information in the United States. You agree that all transactions relating to the Platform, Services or EDOC TELEMED are deemed to occur in the United States, where our servers are located.a. Non-Personal Information
We may collect certain non-personal information, which does not identify you individually, automatically when you use our Platforms and Services, including:
- your internet protocol address,
- your device model and version,
- your device’s operating system and version,
- your device’s browser software and version,
- your internet services provider,
- your geographic location,
- the dates and times you accessed and used the Platforms,
- the sections of the Platforms and Services you access and used and the time spent in each section and engaged in any function,
- the links you selected, and
- your language preferences.
When you use our Platforms and Services, we may also collect non-personal Information using a variety of technologies, including “Cookies,” local browser storage and “Web Beacons.” A Cookie is a small amount of data a website may store in your web browser that it can access when you visit it. A Cookie also refers to web-browser-based storage provided by Adobe’s Flash plugin (a “Flash Cookie”). Cookies may contain user preferences, unique identifiers and other non-personal information. A “Web Beacon” is a small, usually-transparent image placed on a web page that allows us or our partners to collect non-personal information.
We will not use non-personal information to try to identify you, and if we associate any non-personal information with information that personally identifies you, then we will treat it as personal information.b. Personal Information
Personal information will be collected for Users in order for Users to enjoy the full functionality of the Platforms and Services and to connect with Providers for Telemedicine Services. Such personal information may include: your name, address, age, physical location, username and password, language(s) spoken, credit card or other payment information, and any other information you provide to us.c. PHI
You may also furnish us with your PHI in connection with your seeking Telemedicine Services from Providers. We may also collect your PHI from Providers and other sources in connection with Telemedicine Services you receive from Providers through the Platforms and Services. This PHI may include your diagnoses, treatments, test results, medical/family /social histories, and records of your communications with Providers.
When you post information that will be publicly disclosed, you will be responsible for your disclosure of any information through these features.
5. Use and Disclosure of Information
By continuing to use the Platforms and Services, you agree that EDOC TELEMED may use and disclose the information we collect to:
- monitor and improve the performance, quality and features of the Platforms and Services,
- detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues,
- help visits set up accounts to become Users,
- bill and process payments on behalf of Providers for the Telemedicine Services they furnish to Users,
- provide customer service,
- communicate with you in connection with the Platform and Services you receive from EDOC TELEMED and the Telemedicine Services you receive from Providers,
- share your information with other Providers, health care providers, pharmacies, government agencies, insurance companies and other entities relevant to providing you with Telemedicine Services and related support,
- send you information about additional services and general information,
- customize the content you encounter when you use the Platform and Services,
- share with legal, financial, accounting and other advisors that provide services to EDOC TELEMED and are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information,
- third-parties in the event of a bankruptcy, liquidation or receivership of EDOC TELEMED,
- respond to lawful subpoenas, orders and other governmental requests,
- protect the rights, property and safety of us, our Users and other third parties,
- monitor for compliance with the Terms and Conditions (which can be found at https://www.edoctelemed.com/terms-of-use),
- prevent a crime or protect national security,
- allow EDOC TELEMED to exercise its legal rights and defend against legal claims,
- share with a potential purchaser or investor in connection with the sale, merger, or other acquisition of or investment in EDOC TELEMED or its assets, and you hereby agree and consent to the disclosure and transfer of rights to your information,
- share your information with any other entity or individual with your consent,
- engage in activities as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
We will not sell your personal information to third parties without your permission.
We may, however, disclose non-personal information, anonymized or aggregated, to our affiliates, clients, business partners, merchants, advertisers, investors, potential buyers and other third parties if we deem such disclosure, in our sole discretion, to have sound business reasons or justifications.6. Your Access to your Information
When you use our Platforms and Services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and the opportunity to correct or delete such information, except is such information must be retained as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask Users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backups), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case, where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
If you delete your personal information, you may not be able to continue to use the Platforms or Services. Also, even if you request that we delete your personal information, we may need to retain certain information for a limited period of time to satisfy our legal, audit and/or dispute resolution requirements.7. Children
We do not knowingly collect personal information from users under eighteen (18) years of age.8. Information Security
We use commercially reasonable information security measures to safeguard your personal information. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet and no method of data storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its security.9. For California Residents
Residents of California have additional rights provided under the California Consumer Privacy Act and the California Online Privacy Practices Act.
A California resident who has provided personal information to us is entitled to request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if we have made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of a request by you, we are required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act and the California Online Privacy Practices Act. If you exercise your rights, we will not deny you goods or services, charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, or provide you with a different level or quality of goods and services.
You may request access to or the deletion of your personal information, exercise your rights, or seek further information about our compliance with California’s privacy law by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Third Party Websites
Please note that the Platforms and Services may link or integrated with third party sites, services or apps. We are not responsible for the privacy or security policies or practices or the content of such third parties. Accordingly, we encourage you to review the privacy and security policies and terms of service of those third parties so that you understand how those websites collect, use, share and protect your information.